Home Page

Monday, July 23, 2007

Pam's Marshmallow Cookies


My Mom used to make these cookies a lot when we were little, and judging by the name of the recipe, I am guessing that she got this one from my Aunt Pam.

I made these last week to take to a barbecue and my kids were very disappointed that I didn't bring any leftovers back home. The cookies are very simple to make, so if I was a nice Mom, I'd just make another batch for the kids.... but I'm afraid I'd eat them all myself, so Claire and Marco are pretty much out of luck! Sorry kids! (Maybe I'll show them the pictures, instead)

Pam's Marshmallow Cookies

1 egg
1/2 cup butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
Graham crackers
shredded coconut

1. line a 8"x8" baking dish with graham crackers.

2. Put the first 5 ingredients in the top of a double boiler and melt.

3. Remove from heat and stir in the marshmallows. Pour mixture over the graham crackers.

4. Sprinkle with coconut and chill. Cut into squares.